Intro to SharePoint 2010 in 60 minutes

I was asked by Microsoft to speak this morning to a group of customers interested in some of the ISV products built on top of SharePoint, like K2 and BA Insight.  I gave a 1-hour introduction to SharePoint 2010, to help the audience get a good foundation in preparation for product demonstrations they would later see during the day.

As you might guess, giving a comprehensive overview of SharePoint 2010 in less than 60-minutes is no small feat.  I had to rush through some of the content, but in general, I think it gave everyone a good idea of the many features and opportunities that exist in the platform.  Many customers requested access to the slide deck – I’ve included it below.

Of particular interest is slide page #19, where I included some screenshots of some mobile branding solutions that ICC has provided for some of its clients.  Mobile branding is a great area of opportunity as it relates to SharePoint customization, and ICC is doing some pretty exciting work in that area.  More to come on that in future posts.

If you were there this morning, and have a more deep-dive question to something I presented, feel free to leave a comment on this post and let me know.  I’ll see if I can help answer your questions.

Posted in:
Tags:

One Response so far.

  1. Memtech says:

    Hi,
    Your article are really awesome.actually i was in search for some good articles on sharepoint introduction and finally i got one.
    The most important is the simplicity which will be very helpful for the beginners. I have found a nice post related to this article over the internet which also explained very well. For more details of that post check out this link...
    http://mindstick.com/Articles/126fbb57-67cb-460b-a041-10500492bf95/?Introduction%20of%20SharePoint%202010


    Thanks

ShareThis