HP Slate 500: Finally

Well, after quite a long wait, my HP Slate 500 has finally arrived.  As I’m sure you already know, I’ve been a tablet PC user & evangelist for years.  But this latest incarnation for me represents a form factor and price point that I’ve been waiting for a long time.

Expect to see many posts in the near future regarding my Slate 500 experiences.  For now, you can start to do your research on just what the Slate 500 is by checking out HP’s promotional video.  I’ll say for now, tho, that this device is targeted at business users, and not the consumer market.  Thus, it shouldn’t be compared to the iPad or any of the other tablet ‘appliances’ coming out these days.  Nevertheless, I’ll be sure to point out some of the advantages of a Windows 7 tablet ‘PC’ over devices like the iPad, simply because I love to expose the smoke-n-mirrors marketing that has everyone convinced that Apple products are the best. :)

More to come.

IMAG0390(Hanging out at B&N with my tablet and a Mocha)

2 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    I work for manufacturer of Enterprise tablets so I'm curious to read your take on this new device by HP. I took a look at one recently at CES.

  2. Thank you for sharing this information.

ShareThis