BDPA 2010 Here We Come!

This week I will be traveling to Philadelphia with a group of talented high school students as we all attend the 2010 Black Data Processors Association (BDPA) National Conference.  These high school students have spent almost every Saturday morning with me for the past few months learning ASP.NET web development skills in order to compete in this year’s BDPA High School Computer Competition (HSCC) at the Conference.  I’ve been teaching concepts such as object-oriented programming, master page development, and page event handling.  And I believe their Saturday commitments will pay off, as I’ve seen them make great progress in their understanding of the concepts.

It should be a great event for all of us.  In addition to the Competition, the Conference includes a Youth Technology Camp, Career Fair, Technology Expo, and great workshops on topics like ‘IT Workforce Development’, ‘Business Process Management’, and ‘Cloud Computing’.  And of course there’s the National BDPA Golf Classic, which I would attend if I had any golf skillz whatsoever. :- )

Expect to see a retrospective post from me once I return, and feel free to follow my real-time Tweets live from the conference using the hashtag #BDPA.

Maybe I’ll see you there! :- )

Posted in:
Tags:

One Response so far.

  1. Wow, very nice concept about web development skills and company developers to improve the skills. Thanks for sharing nice information. Awesome post.

ShareThis